Thursday, September 3, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

Since school started, I feel like I have no time to post anything anymore. And I still want to sleep in, so getting up any earlier to get something done is not an option right now! So, here I am playing catch up again.
After our trip, we knew we had to get some huckleberry picking in since the berries were almost ready when we left. The spot that we usually go to had been picked over already, so we had to hunt for a new spot. It wasn't as good as our regular spot, but we still were able to pick about a gallon or so in about 2 and a half hours.

The kids had a great time. Ethan brought his friend, Baey, who had never been picking before. Jacob had fun eating all he could see and Asia did the same. They had fun exploring and playing tag in the mountains. Mia rode in the "Mini Me" backpack and Mike accidentally scratched her face all up when he went to bend down to pick. Ooops. TWICE!! Needless to say, we took her out of the backpack and she was content to eat leaves and dirt the rest of the time.

Here's Mia with her face all scratched up but still a smile on her face! What a sweet girl.

Anyway, now we can have huckleberry pancakes, milkshakes, ice cream, jam, etc. etc. etc. Yummy!

3 comments:

Hoffmann Family said...

okay you are going to think I am such a blonde. I never knew it was an actual berry. I always thought it was a combination of strawberry, and raspberry.

cynthia said...

I wish I had some huckleberry jam right now!! Yummy!

The Whetstone Family said...

Love the picture of Mia in the backpack! Her expression is priceless, like someone help me!