Wednesday, September 17, 2008

All About Asia



Well, I finally have some time to write about what's been going on. Not too much, but I wanted to tell about Asia's first day of preschool. It was more than a week ago, so we'll see what I can remember! She was so excited to finally start school, since Ethan had started more than a week before her and so did most of her friends. We got her a new princess backpack and picked out her clothes the night before. So different than Ethan. He couldn't care less about what he was going to wear. I guess it's a girl thing. She woke up that morning so excited to go. Her Auntie Joy teaches her at her house, so she wasn't nervous at all. It was just like going over there to play. When I picked her up, I asked her how school was. She said it was really fun, she got to play, and have a snack, and she played with a boy named Sam. She couldn't stop talking about Sam. She does tend to play well with the boys! All in all, I think it was a pretty good first day of preschool.



Asia also got to participate in a Cheer Camp for kids aged 3 to 14. A girl in my YW was involved in this and thought Asia would really love it. When we got to the high school where it was at, I could see Asia getting a little nervous. She said, "There's a lot of girls here Mom." Luckily, her best friend Mara was there who is not very shy at all. They got to hang out all day and even have lunch there. Asia said that was the coolest part! She learned a new cheer and a dance, all in one morning. She's not the most rythmically inclined person and not flexible at all, so I don't think cheer is the thing for her. I keep telling her she's going to play basketball and volleyball just like her mommy because she's so tall. I think she had fun, but she did come home with a bit of a new attitude! Here's her little friend Mara. She's perfect cheer material; very flexible and very rythmically inclined.

5 comments:

JulieJ said...

She's such a cute girl. And so tall! Wow!

Kamilli Vanilli said...

Too cute. Keep pushing the volleyball/basketball thing. Eventually she'll give in. It worked for me and Wonderella. :)

The Whetstone Family said...

She is tall! And beautiful-she could be a model! Gotta love preschool. So nice to give them a change of pace, and the Mommys too!

The Yeager Family said...

I can't belive how big she is! Time is going by too fast. It is unthinkable that we haven't gotten together since New Year's!

cynthia said...

Just make sure Asia doesn't get the same "sports injury" as you did when you were in ballet!!!!!!