Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Fun

To start off our Easter festivities, we did the traditional coloring of the eggs. The kids couldn't wait. They'd been asking me all week and I finally got the patience and courage to do it! I had a lot of helpers this year since my sisters Mariko and Naomi and my Mom were visiting. It wasn't too bad. They each got to dye 4 or 5 eggs and do whatever they wanted to them. We only ended up cracking 1 egg I think. Pretty good considering Jacob wanted to dye his eggs all by himself. I think he had the most fun sticking his white egg in the dye and watching it magically turn into a different color. Pretty cool stuff!






The Easter bunny comes to our house Friday night so we can save Sunday for more religious, spiritual stuff. He left Easter baskets filled with goodies for each kid and even Mike and I. The kids get a new Easter outfit, a couple of toys, and lots of treats.


The kids forgot that the Easter bunny was even coming. They went downstairs and were very surprised.




Then it was off to the Easter egg hunt. We went over to the park by where my friend Emily lives. They were having a neighborhood egg hunt and we butted in! We just had to bring 12 eggs for each child. There were actually quite a few people there which made it pretty fun. They let kids aged 5 and younger have a one minute head start, then the rest joined in. And it was all over in less than 5 minutes!

Here they all are, waiting for the hunt to start. Jacob couldn't wait and started picking up eggs all over the place.




Then the hunt begins:




It was a mad rush! Jacob was so cute trying to find eggs. He would run to one, pick it up, put it in his basket, and then run to the next one. Then it was time to go through the loot. It was like Halloween, opening and sorting and such.





Here's their Sunday outfits:

It was a nice, enjoyable Easter Sunday, other than the fact that my family all left that day. It was fun having them here and we look forward to the next visit!

3 comments:

cynthia said...

We went to Glenwood and did the same things. We dyed about a million Easter eggs and the nieces and nephews did the Easter egg hunt.

Shea said...

They all look so cute! I'm still really nervous to have my 4th baby. You make it look so easy.

The Whetstone Family said...

Cute pictures! Looks like a fun Easter!