Monday, June 29, 2009

Locks of Love

Asia has been begging me and begging me to cut her hair. Whenever I brush it or try to make it cute, she FREAKS out, either because I'm hurting her or because she wanted to do it herself. Needless to say, we were both sick of it. I told her about Locks of Love and she got so excited to be able to help someone who is sick and needs her hair more than she does. So, we went to our friend Stacey and told her what we wanted to do.
Here she is, waiting to get her hair cut:


Here she is in the barber chair and getting it chopped:






Here's the before and after:

We think it turned out super cute! I do have to say though, I miss just being able to put it in a ponytail when we're in a hurry. It is a little more high maintenance that way, but it is waaaaay easier to brush and wash. She said she never wants to grow her hair long again. Then she thought about it and said, "Maybe I will so I can give it away again." What a sweetie! Here's our new little girl with short hair:







Here is the form that you're supposed to mail with the hair:

It left room at the bottom for some comments. Asia wrote, "To: my friend, I love you. I hope you will like my hair. Please get better soon. Love: Asia." I think we may have to make this a tradition and maybe one year I will be brave enough to do it with her...!


6 comments:

The Yeager Family said...

Wow, she looks cute!! How fun!

JulieJ said...

Wow! That is really cool and she writes really well. I better work on C...

Shea said...

What a sweetheart! Her hair is adorable!

Janae -- Thoughts in Vinyl said...

She looks so grown up! It turned out super cute. That is so neat to give it to locks of love.

cynthia said...

Looks good!

The Whetstone Family said...

How cute! And what a neat idea!