Friday, September 30, 2011

O Canada!

We were able to go up to Lethbridge this summer and celebrate Canada Day with my family. We like to go to the Raymond parade every year. It's just a little town parade, but fun for the kids and they throw out lots of candy. We even got a roll of toilet paper this year!


That afternoon we spent down to the river bottom in Lethbridge with my mom's side of the family for a little family reunion. It was fun to see my cousins and their kids and all the aunts, uncles, and grandparents. I stole some pics from my Uncle Brad's Facebook page since I did not take any pictures... Ooops!

Here is my mom and her sisters:

Grandma Simington, dirty face Mia and my sister Cynthia:

I got to hold baby Exton! What a cute chubby baby!
Grandpa Simington and my mom:
The next day, Mike and I ran a 5k in Raymond. I ended up getting first place for the women and Mike got 2nd for the men. He was 3rd overall and I was 4th. It was a pretty fun race. We even got gift certificates for winning. I got $50 to a running store in Lethbridge and Mike got a $20 Itunes gift card. Sa-weet!Then we got to spend some time at the Nicholas Sheran Spray Park with my family. My kids always love this place! It was the perfect weather for it too! My cousins Jason and Melissa and kids and Dave and Sonia and their kids met up with us there too. It was a fun afternoon.


Asia soaking up the sun:Mia copying her big sister:






Ethan the cool dude! Nice six-pack, buddy!
Jacob trying to figure out the elephant squirters:
Ethan and Asia trying to soak Jacob from the other end:

Snack time:

It was a fun little holiday! We can't wait to go up there again! :)

1 comment:

cynthia said...

Good times! Our Glenwood nieces and nephews have been asking when Ethan and Asia are coming to visit again. I told them maybe next summer. They had so much fun!