Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It Was THIS BIG! but not really!

We had our first fishing trip of the season a couple of weeks ago at Lone Pine Nursery. They have a free kids fishing day there every year and we like to go because you're almost guaranteed to catch a fish. We haven't had much luck in the past with catching fish, so we like to jump on the "sure things." They also have free hot dogs and drinks so that's a plus as well!

We tried every bait and lure we had, but the fish just weren't biting. People all around us were catching fish, but not us. We caught a couple last year, so the kids were excited to catch some again. I think the organizers were feeling sorry for us so they gave us a gift certificate for $10 off a $50 purchase at Sportsmans' Warehouse! Maybe they thought we could buy some better equipment and bait and then we'd be able to catch the fish! At least it wasn't a hot day and it was fun just to spend the day together as a family. And hey, there's always next year!

This was the best part: getting a snow cone.


3 comments:

cynthia said...

I used to go fishing with dad when I was little. He would always make egg salad sandwiches and peanut butter and honey sandwiches to eat for lunch. I remember weird and random things.

Hoffmann Family said...

So fun! Your first daughter is a little mini me Takara!

The Whetstone Family said...

I love that last picture of Jacob! I think the snow cone would be my favorite part, too!