Wednesday, July 29, 2009

YOUCH!!!

Warning! This post has some pretty gruesome pics, so if you have a weak stomach... BEWARE!

Last week, while I was playing volleyball, I heard this blood curdling scream coming from my little Ethan. He is very dramatic so I didn't think anything of it. Then my friend showed some compassion and went over to check on him. I decided I'd better go be a good mom and see what was up. He was still freaking out when I got to him and then I saw the blood on the carpet. I guess he wasn't crying wolf this time! Poor kid! He and his friend were pushing the partition that separates the gym from the chapel with their butts, back and forth, back and forth. Well, his little heal got stuck under it and I guess it can be pretty sharp. It sliced his heal right open. Luckily we found some band-aids, but they were soaked through by the time we got home.


Here's what it looked like before we went to the doctor:


The doctor said that he could either do nothing, put some steri strips on it, super glue it, or put 12 stitches in it. We opted for the super glue since he was starting swimming lessons the next week and the glue would help it heal faster. I guess I could've done this at home, but I needed to know that it didn't need stitches. We learned from the last time that Ethan does not like getting stitches or having any kind of needle in his skin for that matter!

Here's the after:


He's a trooper! I think he will stay away from those partition thingys for a while!

6 comments:

Joy said...

Ouchy!!! I hate not knowing whether to take them to the doctor or not. Looks like it will heal ok!! What a trooper.

cynthia said...

Good to know those things are dangerous. I will TRY to keep the nursery children away from it from now on. The key word is TRY.

Cook Family said...

holy cow! ouch! poor kid! never short on drama w/4 little kiddos, huh?

The Yeager Family said...

poor little man. that looks painful.

The Haley Family said...

Oh man!!! What is it with boys and injuries!! Glad he didn't have to do stitches, YUCK!!

The Whetstone Family said...

Ouch! That does look painful! Kids always know how to injure themselves on theything, don't they?