Thursday, March 11, 2010

Valentine's Day

Our Valentine festivities started with making Valentine mail boxes. Ethan's teacher wanted them to make a mailbox for their class party, so we took a brown paper grocery bag and pimped it all out with paper doilies and heart stickers. Jacob and Asia wanted to make one as well.
A fun little project.

Then it was Valentine cookie making time. Always a mess and always a fun time.
So, since Valentine's Day was on Sunday, Mike and I went out on Saturday. We went to see Avatar and then went to dinner to Jalisco's. Then we did a bit of shopping and then home. Another uneventful V-day. Not a big fan of Valentine's Day if you can't tell. Just another one of those holidays that is just an excuse to go out and buy something superficial to tell someone that you love them. You should feel loved all of the time anyway, right...? I don't need my man to buy me some big expensive box of chocolates and a huge bouquet of roses, just to show that he loves me. I just need him. :) Cheesy, I know.
Anyway, on the actual Valentine's Day we made our own heart-shaped pizzas. I bought the kids their own little box of chocolates and some new red clothes I got on sale and couldn't wait to give them.



And of course, the Valentine hair-do. Too bad Mia's hair isn't quite long enough to do this. (sarcasm). I'm already dreading the day when I'll have to do 2 hair-do's everyday.

These pictures were the next day so it's kinda scraggly! Oh well, at least the do lasted more than one day right. BONUS!

3 comments:

Hoffmann Family said...

I love the hair do and will have to copy!

The Whetstone Family said...

So adorable! I need you to teach me some hair tricks! Cailin's is always just down, one, or two ponytails!

cynthia said...

We didn't really do anything for Valentine's Day either. James' mom's birthday is on that day so we had birthday cake!