Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Rigby Triathlon

So, the last Saturday in May, Mike and I did the Rigby triathlon. It was our first tri, so we had no idea what we were doing! We trained for the last couple of months and swam at the Apple a few times, but we were not prepared for what was to come! That morning I think it maybe got up to 40 degrees! It was raining the whole time and even snowed a bit! The Rigby Lake barely had any water in it and it was so cold we couldn't even put our heads in the water! The good thing about it is we could sometimes touch the ground in the lake. That made me not so nervous about drowning! The bad thing about it was the water was so cold, I couldn't feel my extremities until the whole race was over! It was so hard to come out of the water and transition to biking because I couldn't feel my hands and feet! It took me waaaay too long in T1 and it was so frustrating! But we both had some pretty good times and loved the feeling of actually finishing and passing people. I don't know about doing this one next year though. It was just too dang cold!
Here's Mike getting his bike ready in Transition 1:
Here's Mike before in his wetsuit. Very flattering!And me. Brrrr!


1 comment:

The Whetstone Family said...

Wow, wish I was half as motivated as you guys! Way to go!