Wednesday, October 20, 2010

August Adventures

I love August! I love the hot weather, the playing in the sprinkler, the swimming, the harvesting of the garden, and of course, the going back to school! Every August, Idaho Falls hosts the Roaring Youth Jam. We try to go to it every year because we have so much fun! They have awesome FREE things for the kids to do and fun, cool, FREE shows to watch on stage. The kids want to do everything and we try to get everything in. Here's Ethan trying to hula a huge hula hoop: Jacob making his clay creation:
Ethan and Asia making clay stuff:
Mia figuring out what to do with her clay:
Racing their homemade boats:

Painting the giant dragon:
It was all very fun, except for the part when Jacob got lost... I think it was the scariest moment of my life! I feel yucky right now just writing about it. We all took a break from the activities to take a potty break. We all finished up and started walking to the next activity. I went to get Jacob to sit him up to the table and he was nowhere to be found! I started to walk up and down the walkway where we were and he was gone! I started to panic because the river was right there, rushing along really fast and I figured he had drowned in the river trying to catch the ducks or something. So many nasty things were going through my head! It had only been about 2 or 3 minutes, but it seemed like hours! I finally talked to this woman at an information booth and she told me that they had found him, just wandering around aimlessly, trying to find us. Sooo scary! He was so scared too! I burst into tears when they brought him to me and then we left! That was enough adventure for me!


Another exciting thing that happened in August was I was able to get 2 braids in Mia's hair! She actually sat still after bribing her with treats and T.V.! Her hair is a lot different than Asia's. Asia's hair is very thick and started coming in a lot sooner than Mia's did. Mia still has a cute little baby mullet, so we do the best that we can with what we got!





























3 comments:

mariko said...

Feeling old! WHATEVER!!!! You are looking great! You run triathlons, you have 4 amazing kids, a wonderful husband and most importantly you have the best baby sister ever! LOL!

cynthia said...

I'm old.

The Whetstone Family said...

Adorable braids! And how terrifying to loose Jacob. We've lost Cailin twice now for like a minute or two each, and it was the absolute worst feeling!