Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Rexburg RUSH

Mike and I decided to do another triathlon in August. It was nice because it was close and the weather was A LOT nicer than the triathlon we did in May. I was able to practice the bike and the run portion the week before the tri, but Mike had no idea what he was getting himself into! It was ok though, because he can do anything!

The race started at 8am, but we had to get there by 6 to get everything set up. Here we are at transition 1 where we go after we get done with the swim portion and hop on our bikes:


Our bikes are cheapies from Walmart, so they are very heavy and very slow. It was frustrating having people pass you when you know you could be going faster on a better bike! Grrr! But I don't want to spend thousands of dollars on a bike just yet. Mike and I just had to make up the time in the running portion. That's the easiest part for me. Although, this run course was a killer! We had to go trail running up a very steep dirt trail that killed my sprained ankle. But once we made it through that, it was all downhill from there, literally. It was perfect weather for a traithlon too. It felt so good to cross the finish line and complete something I never thought I could do! We had fun and are wondering what to do next year now...

1 comment:

The Whetstone Family said...

Fun! Again, I wish I liked exercising!