Wednesday, October 20, 2010

More July Happenings

So, I turned 32 this year. Yippee! (sarcasm) I try to say to myself that age is just a number or that I just get better with age. But let's face it, getting older is so not fun! My body isn't the same, my mind isn't the same, and life in general is not the same. I usually only feel this way on my actual bithday and then things just go on their merry way until my next birthday. This year the feelings are lingering. It might be because my ankle still hurts after spraining it over 5 months ago, or because I can't get rid of the belly fat from having my last kid (2 years ago), or maybe it's because I really need a vacation!! Something's gotta change, so tell me what I need to do to get out of this funk. In the meantime, the vacation planning is in full swing!
In other July news, our strawberries really took off this year. So much so that I was actually getting sick of picking them! We made a bunch of jam and ate a bunch with ice cream and cereal. They're my favorite summer fruit. I don't know what we'll do with them all next year. This is one of our first pickins':
Now, I just thought I would post some pics of one of our zoo trips. We love the zoo, especially the petting zoo part. This was Mia's first time petting and brushing the goats. It wasn't her favorite thing! The goats were all bigger than her and a bit intimidating I think:

And the last thing in July I want to blog about was Ethan's first pinewood derby. He was so excited to make it with his dad. It was a very fun experience for the both of them. Ethan planned out the design, helped carve out his design, spray painted it, and glued on his weights. He did a really great job!
His car won some and lost some. We actually found out, near the middle of the races, that his car went faster backwards! We must've weighted it wrong or something. So from that time on, he put his car on the starting line backwards and he won a bunch more races!


















1 comment:

The Whetstone Family said...

How awesome that you got all those strawberries from your yard!