Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Happy Flood er I mean Canada Day!






We went up to Lethbridge to celebrate Canada Day, July 1st. We went to the parade in Raymond and then we had a BBQ at my sister Cynthia's house. It was going just great, until about 2pm when the rain started. I don't think I've seen a rain like this in Lethbridge EVER! It downpoured for at least 2 hours. Houses were flooded, streets were impassible, and some bridges had to be closed because of flooding. Crazy. Once the rain had subsided, we decided to go out and see what fun Canada Day festivities we could partake in. Turns out, the city had declared an emergency and was advising people to not go out or even drive anywhere. Since my sister didn't have any flooding at her house, we assumed everything was ok everywhere else. I guess we should've watched the news or something! Needless to say, the fireworks were cancelled and no more activitied for the day. Bummer!

3 comments:

Joy said...

Thanks for sharing your blog with us. It is great!!

Anonymous said...

Asia sure got the jack pot in candy!!!!!

Anonymous said...

James is eating the candy that you guys left at our house. He is so happy!!