Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It's My Party and I'll Cry if I Want To!




So, yesterday was my birthday. My thirtieth birthday. I don't know what it is with that number, but something about it just doesn't sit well with me. I used to make fun of those ladies that would say they were "29" even though you could obviously tell that they weren't! Now I'm starting to see why they say that. I can no longer say, "I'm in my twenties." Now it's, "I'm in my thirties", which you might as well say, "I'm almost forty." Sorry if I've offended anyone here and a lot of you are probably saying, "Thirty Shmirty, boo hoo! Get over it!" Sure, it was a great day. My husband took the day off and I had a fun, relaxing birthday with my family, but that "thirty" word was still lurking over me the whole day! Maybe those of you who are thirty and over could give me an idea of why thirty is so great. One of my friends calls it "the zone", whatever that means!! I almost grimaced when the waitress at Jakers asked me for my driver's license to prove it was, in fact, my birthday so I could get my meal for half off. Maybe she would look at it and find out my secret... that I wasn't 29, but indeed, I was the dreaded THIRTY!

3 comments:

The Whetstone Family said...

I know what you mean, I had a hard time coming to terms with 30. Don't worry though--you're lookin' good! Also, I can't believe they asked for proof of birthday! Hahaha!

Kamilli Vanilli said...

Happy, happy birthday to you and yours. 30's great...no worries. It's all in your head...and if you're half as immature as I am at 30, then you'll be just fine!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great birthday. Just remember that James and I are closer to forty than you are!!! Hee, hee!!