Monday, July 14, 2008

Little Entrepreneur





Ethan has decided that he really, really wants a PSP or Nintendo DS. Since his birthday and Christmas is quite far away, I told him that he could buy it himself if he earned enough money. He gets to do chores around the house and gets a weekly allowance, but I guess that wasn't makin' the money fast enough. He was picking the strawberries the other day and decided that he would sell them to earn some extra money. He came into the house with a bucket full of strawberries and told me his plan. He wanted to sell the strawberries for $1.00 each. I said that noone would buy a strawberry for a buck. He was wanting to rack up his money quickly! Anyway, he had me make some signs and he decided to sell lemonade also. He set up the table and chairs outside, taped his signs up, and waited for the customers to come. Pretty soon, I was making 2 and 3 more pitchers of lemonade and he had to call his neighbor friends to come help pick more strawberries. They were selling like hot cakes! At the end of about 2 hours, he had made a little over 10 dollars! I think we should go into business together! After it was all gone, he said, all excitedly, "Tomorow we're going to sell popsicles!" I think we'll take a break from peddling our wares for now!

7 comments:

Cathe. said...

Wow!! That's pretty good money for being in a cul-de-sac. There must be more traffic there that I thought.

Takara said...

All of his customers were our neighbors. It helped that Mikki had her whole extended family over and they all bought something. We have some pretty great neighbors. :)

jaybird said...

Sound like ethan is going to be good entrupenuer at a young age. Keep up the good work ethan you can do anything you set your mind to.

jaybird said...

Looks like ethan is going to be a good entrepenuer. Keep up the good work ethan. You can do anything you set your mind to.

Anonymous said...

Thats awesome!! I wish I had that great of a turn out when I was younger, but of course not! & your baby is getting so big!

The Whetstone Family said...

Too cute! Ben was making "arrows" out of pipecleaners the other day and had great plans to sell them for $1 each. I had to say maybe tomorrow and distract! Don't have the heart to say people probably don't really need a pipecleaner arrow!

Anonymous said...

Thats a way better deal then the kids in my neighborhood. They sold lemonade for $1 for a full glass or 50 cents for half a glass. We stopped to buy some not realizing the cost, then as we drove away Bridger took a sip and about threw up. It had a nasty taste, so we dumped it out the window. Ethan's looks much better!!