Monday, August 11, 2008

Haircut Day




Well, every month the boys need to get haircuts. It seems to take a big chunk out of my day, but it needs to be done. Ethan and Jacob had wings growing over their ears, and Mike's grey hair was looking more and more noticeable because it was getting so long! I started with Jacob. He has to play with something, or he just wants to see what I'm doing with his head and doesn't sit still. He does pretty good though, for being only 1. Then Ethan had his haircut. He always asks, "When are you gonna be done?", like every 5 seconds! He doesn't like to sit still either and he's 6! He said, "Don't cut my sideburns!", referring to the back of his neck. He hates that part because I cut him once. Oooops! I had to tell him where his sideburns were, and he actually had quite the chops growing! Then it was Asia's turn. She wanted me to buzz her hair like the boys'! I said no, of course! I just trimmed her hair a bit to even out the little haircut she gave herself that was finally growing out. Then on to Mike. He sits very still and actually almost falls asleep! It's just so relaxing, I guess, until I accidentally cut him or something! That didn't happen this time, though! Now who's gonna cut my hair?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! It looks like you cut quite a bit of Asia's hair. The blonde ends are gone. It makes her look a little older.

The Whetstone Family said...

What a great talent! I got some clippers and a book about haircutting a while back, but I'm still not very good at it, and we usually take the boys somewhere to get a cut!

Joy said...

That is funny that Mike almost falls asleep!! Because Russell does the same thing. Brinton is our "when is it over" boy--Brock tolerates it--and it depends on Breanna's mood whether she wants it all cut off or not :)

Shea said...

It blows me away to see how big your kids are. So cute!