Friday, August 15, 2008

Raspberry Huckleberry Jam





We decided to make jam out of the huckleberries that we picked. Toni was able to get us some yummy raspberries and then we were all set. The kids always have fun helping me in the kitchen so today was no exception. They helped mash up the berries, pour in the sugar, and mix everything all up. Asia's like her dad and loves both the huckleberries and the raspberries. That's what he grew up eating. I grew up eating strawberries, so Ethan is like me. We'd rather eat strawberries. When Michael came home for lunch after we had finished a batch of jam, he said, "This smell brings back memories of when I was a kid and my mom made jam." It was sweet that he remembers such fond things from his childhood. Our house smelled so fruity and yummy that day.

1 comment:

The Whetstone Family said...

Mmmmm, I love fruit smells permeating the house!