Thursday, January 8, 2009

T'was the Weeks Before Christmas Part Deux

Here are some more events that happened before Christmas. Asia missed a day of preschool and it just so happened to be the day they were making gingerbread houses. She was so sad, but, luckily, her teacher is her auntie and she brought over her undecorated gingerbread house for Asia to decorate. Then I had to make the rest of the kids one (including the kids I babysit) so they could all have fun decorating them together. I only got a picture of the 2 that were finished, though. It was fun seeing how each kids' mind worked. Asia is very particular and had to have patterns of candies on her house. Ethan just wanted to put all of the good candy on his house in whatever order. Ethan's had to have a door and windows though. That's the technical side of him.

Mia also turned 1 month old last month on the 12th. She's starting to be awake more and open her big blue eyes more. I can't wait for the little smiles and giggles to start. The kids love her to death. They always want to hold her and kiss her. Even Jacob likes his baby sister. Whenever I'm feeding her, he will come over and kiss her on the head so gently. Sometimes, especially if it's naptime, he will want to sit right next to me and have me read him a book. That's about all the jealousy he's showing so far. Here are some 1-month pics of Mia:






Ethan played basketball for the first time this winter. He had a lot of fun and actually scored a few baskets. This might be something he'll actually stick with and maybe be good at.

6 comments:

The Whetstone Family said...

Cute 1 month pictures! Awww!

Kamilli Vanilli said...

Cute Mia....

I expect you out there teaching Ethan everything you learned from Mr. Gregus about basketball. I was laughing the other day about when we were in Jr high, and you know how they'd announce the top scorers of the game, and it would be like "(random player) was the top scorer with 6 points!" hahahaha. SIX points! Good times, good times we had.

The Yeager Family said...

Mia is so cute! I need to come hold her! I have a gift for you/her, I need to get it to you!!!

cynthia said...

I miss that clean baby smell and baby chubs!

Cathe. said...

I can't tell which basketball player is Ethan.

Takara said...

Mom, he's the one without a white shirt on underneath his jersey. He likes to show off his muscles!!